Pages

Monday 24 September 2012

Pillar of Salt

541 Church Street
Richmond, VIC 3121
94211550 
I don't have a boyfriend, but that doesn't mean I can't go on a date.
Today I had a lovely time with Olivia, a lil sister to me <3

Melbourne is cold and windy but that didn't discourage us to come to this lovely cafe on Richmond. This place has a lot of sitting from outside, inside and at its hidden back area. 
We sat on the table just behind the lady with the red jacket.  
I love our table not only because there's a heater that kept the two of us warm but also the brightness. 
I managed to take 10 photos of our food in total which is a really rare event.
This area looks like a coffee laboratory for me and it ain't be ordinary. Five Senses Coffee for Pillar house blend. 
They also have Geisha, the best coffee ever produced from Panama

Lovely latte art and froth for my cappuccino, but somehow the texture was not as smooth and creamy as what I had from Seven Seeds. 
Cappuccino - $3.5
Olivia trusted me to order our food and I already knew what I wanted to try as soon as the staff asking.  
This is because I had spent quite some time going through the menu on their website :p
We agreed to order two dishes and shared them half half. 

I never thought that apple and hollandaise make one perfect couple <3
The apple cider hollandaise was buttery yet not too salty and the sweetness from the apple just clicked. 
Green Eggs and Ham - $16.5
I was even more happy seeing the runny egg yolk once I cut it. 

The scrambled eggs were cooked to perfection. I could truly taste the chilli although it was not the spiciness I imagined from its name. I would be happier if the spring onions were cut smaller and they used brioche instead of toast like Miss Jackson
Red Chilli Scrambled Eggs - $16.5
Service was truly amazing, friendly from the moment we stepped in until we payed the bill and efficient that our food came within 15 mins considering it was a full house. 


Coffee : 4    Food : 4   Service : 5


Coming Back? Absolutely, I am so all over the couple (hollandaise + apple). 
Pillar of Salt on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment