Pages

Sunday 9 September 2012

Reading Room Cafe

88 Ballarat Road
Footscray, VIC 3011
0399194091
readingroomcafe.com.au

Brunch at Footscray? I don't think anyone would come across this suburb when it comes to breakfast. But trust me, this is a hidden gem unless you go to Victoria Uni. Its quite hard to find the place especially on weekend when almost all of the entrance doors are closed. I don't know how's the business doing during school days but that Saturday they were quite busy. They have quite a lot of seats inside and few long tables outside. This place is surrounded with glasses, like its name, its bright just how you want it when you're reading your books :))








They have a half open kitchen and you could see the cooking process with the stove. And i just love the way the chef posed when he saw me taking pictures since its not always comfortable to do that when the chef look uneasy.
They have a separate space for coffee across the kitchen and from how it looked I could tell that they're not ordinary.

I know that the places I go make great coffees, but sometimes I just have to ditch cappuccino for my new love. The chai latte was really good I'd say even though I prefer it to come in a pot with some honey. Both the latte and cappuccino were great with lovely latte arts.
Coffee Beans from @Sensory Lab - $3.3
Without further looking I went for the BFG and Yes I made the right choice. This was the first time I had French Toast with Bacon because I never like the idea of sweet bread and salty stripes. But every component worked out really well and yes so YUM. The brioche toast was crisp but super soft in the middle and I felt like eating cloud :))
The BFG - $14.5
The two guys went for nothing but Pork and they did not regret it. The pork belly was cooked perfectly and they had a unique way of eating them. Starting from the flatbread, then place everything from apple, zucchini, remoulade, coriander, pork belly and some chilli jam on top.
Crackle & Pop - $16.5
The portion of this breakfast was huge, and really amazed us just like its name "Great Expectations". I don't know how many eggs were used but its definitely more than 3 and they all just melted with the gruyere cheese.
Great Expectations - $13.5
Jacq went for the special menu, it might not look as good as the others but this dish was very good. The beans were soft and had enough flavour, eggs were runny and the halloumi cheese just YUM YUM YUM! Sorry for the exaggerating but it was!
Double Smoked Istra Bacons with White Beans - $16.5
Corn fritter was good but compared to other dishes, this might be in the bottom rank. Well, you can't really go wrong with this one and yes it is a safe option.
Fritter's Lane - $14.5
I was full and so the others but there were 4 girls and we always have room for desserts so I ordered the Coco Bananas. Well, banana bread was always good but I still prefer Auction Room's. The lemon crd ricotta was refreshing but I think I would be fine without the coconut.
Coco Bananas - $9.5

Coffee : 4     Food : 5    Service : 5

Coming back? Yes, definitely! Every thing was YUM and the ambience was great too. Plus the service was excellent, the lady always came and checking on us including offering us more dishes :p Reading Room Cafe (Victoria University) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment