Pages

Monday 9 July 2012

Green Refectory

115 Sydney Road
Brunswick, VIC 3056
0393871150

One of the best restaurant on Sydney Road? Well the hype supports this sentence really well. We went to Green on Friday morning for brunch. It was about 10am and the place was already packed and we had to wait for the seats since there are not many of them. Btw, I should remind you that its quite tricky to find the place since they only put a really small frame with "green" writing on the window. We couldn't find the place at first too but when we saw the hype we knew that's the right place.



The menus are written on the big boards behind the counter. Well, I could say that they pretty much sell everything from pies, sausage rolls, salads, sushi, muffins, cakes, tarts and all below $10. CHEAP!

As usual, I ordered a cappuccino to start with. It did look good but the coffee tasted just so so.
Cappuccino 
I tried the breakfast stack, for $10 I could say the portion was huge. The stack consisted with potato pattie, grilled tomato, bacon, halloumi cheese, spinach and a poached egg. The potato pattie was a bit flavourless so you should ate them with the halloumi cheese and it tasted heaven. The poached egg was perfectly cooked, it was runny once I cut it.
Breakfast Stack - $10

My friend who loves baked beans enjoyed the dish. I am not sure if the picture tells the same but the portion was also big. The baked beans and the grilled mushroom had great flavours while the ciabatta was crispy.
Homemade Baked Beans - $7.95
I was already full but I couldn't help myself keep staring at their cakes so I went to the counter. The staff recommended the rhubarb cheesecake and I was a little worried about how it would taste. And again, the cake slice was huge. This was one of the best cheesecake I've had so far. It was baked to perfection, firm but still cheesy, the rhubarb tasted sour and a little bit salty which was balanced with the sweetness from the cream frosting.
Rhubarb Cheesecake - $4.5


Coffee : 3 / 5    Food : 4 / 5    Service : 3 / 5

The staffs were not that helpful especially in arranging us to our tables. The amount of people coming in and out for take aways might be the reason for the unfriendliness. However, I would come back for sure because the food is great and cheap :)

Green Refectory on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment