Pages

Friday 22 February 2013

Breakfast Thieves

Shop 1, 420 Gore Street
Fitzroy, VIC 3065
03 94164884
www.breakfastthieves.com.au

First post in 2013 and its BRUNCH!
This place had been on my wishlist for almost a year so i said yes straight away when my friend texted me to join at 1am. Well I don't know what're they thinking in the middle of the night but I'm all in :)
Its hard to find a place especially when you have the wrong address. Yes thats what happened to us, we're looking for number 240 for quite some time until we realised it should be 420. In fact the place was really close to the tram stop... 

We got there around 12pm and there were no one sitting inside so we're free to choose our table. However, not long after we ordered, the place started to get busy. 

From the top left Elly, Me (in stripes), Nadia and Christine.  
++ Breakfast Thieves serves breakfast all day and lunch starting from 11.30 am. 

I wish I have this kind of shelf at home. 
I love this conclusion which tells us that its good to eat chocolate!
I wanted to order the Breakfast Chain at first as so many people talked about it but this tongue of mine craved for bacon and egg. I don't have a soft spot for this kind of bread roll yet I like this ciabata because it was crunchy and not tough at all. Moreover, the tomato relish was deliciously sweet to balance the saltiness of Jack's reserve cheddar and John Harbour bacon. I also ordered garlic mixed mushrooms and didn't mind at all paying an extra $3.5 because it was so good.
THIEVES ON THE RUN - $11.5 and Garlic Mixed Mushrooms - $3.5
Elly went for this crisp sweet corn & goat's fetta fritters dish. She was extremely pleased with her plate and I know why after I had one bite of this amazing fritters. Not only the taste but the presentation of this dish is also beautiful. Highly recommended! 
THE LEPRECHAUN - $16.5
Rido's baked eggs was a bit so so. No complaint about the garlic toast but the dish in the red bowl was a bit disappointing for him. I had a taste and I think a stronger flavour would definitely lift up this dish. Another opinion was it might be because its vegetarian.
THE LEGEND - $17
Unlike the others, Nadia decided to try the lunch menu. Every component in her dish was cooked perfectly, crispy enoki and the "char siew". The downside was only that there were too much fat for barbecued pork.
BOTAK CHIN's LAST CIGAR - $17
I didn't get to order coffee because this stomach still needs to adapt with Melbourne's portion.
(FYI I just got back from Indonesia)

Food : 4     Service : 5

Coming back? I will so I can get myself a plate of fritters or the toasted soldiers.

Breakfast Thieves on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment