Pages

Friday 16 March 2012

Shanghai Street Dumpling - just another dinner

 FYI, today was my first day at Newport Lakes Primary School. I met many great students eventhough there are also naughty ones but overall its great! Its Friday night, it would be really boring if I just stayed at home although I had a hectic day. So I decided to join my friends for dinner at Shanghai Street Dumpling. They are quite new, and the place used to be Momo Tea. 

I did not take pictures of the place since there is nothing special. They do not really change the decorations, chairs or tables, its exactly the same. The place is quite big, it could sit 40 people.

There were 7 of us, 4 boys and 3 girls so we ordered quite a lot of dumplings.
We ordered two Xiao Long Bao, one with Chicken & Prawn and the other one was Pork. 
I prefer the pork one since the soup tasted better. 

Pork Xiao Long Bao - $8.80
Chicken & Prawn Xiao Long Bao - $9.80
Luckily we also ordered fried pork dumplings. I could say this is the one I enjoyed the most, the wonton skin was not really thick and it was crisp. However, I do not like their soy sauce, its too sour for me and it just does not taste right. 
Fried Pork Dumpling - $8.50
 Their custard buns were just so so, the bun itself was nice, its soft and sweet. They could put more custard filling to make it better.
Egg Custard Buns - $4.8
 Two of my friends were not eating meat today so they ordered vegetarian dumplings. Those dumplings were bad, and totally put them down. The filling was totally dry and not well mixed, the soup also did not taste good. We also ordered the fried ones and we regretted to order them.
Vegetable dumplings in soup - $8.80
Overall : 6, I am not sure if I would come back since there are nothing really special. They need to improve their food taste if they want to get more satisfactory from customers. However, the service was really nice, they were really quick and friendly (something that you don't really see in most Chinese restaurants)

Shanghai Street Dumplings, Wontons and Noodle on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. lol rin There were 7 of us, 5 boys and 3 girls. 1 lagi hantu

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. i just realised that, thanks Rick for pointing it out :)

    ReplyDelete